Looking into the future and thinking about expenses you may meet down the road is one way to avoid sticker shock or buyer’s remorse when purchasing a new car.
Experts say most people expect the purchase price, taxes and registration fees associated with a vehicle but many forget the hefty price tag that could come with certain vehicles. Gratefully, there are ways to keep the insurance costs down while keeping the type and amount of coverage a new car usually requires.
Here are some tips to help you control are costs from the sticker price to the insurance premiums:
- What type of vehicle best suits your needs and decide ahead of time how much money you can afford to spend.
- The Institute for Highway Safety had test videos and analysis, so research crash test and accident data.
- To negotiate the best deal, check with several dealerships and get a firm quote from each in writing.
- What about financing and their rates will vary between institutions, so shop around.
It is wise to check into how much it will cost to insure this type of car before you buy. Talk with your independent insurance agent; they could save your some money. Independent agents unlike “captive” agents who represent only one company offer products for many insurance companies. More choices and more opportunities is what this means for you to find the best service and coverage at the right price.
Have your independent insurance agent shop around to help you keep coverage cost down.
Here are a few questions to ask you insurance agent:
- My car has safety features can I get any discounts? Many carriers offer discounts for safety features that cut the risk of injuries or theft. The cars value, the cost to repair it, and its overall safety record and the likelihood of theft is what your auto insurance premiums are based on.
- Handling Claims – how does this insurance company handle claims? Will they be there around the clock when you need them? Price is not the only reason you need to consider.
- What are my coverage needs? The age of your car, your personal situation and other factors may vary your specific needs.
Select an independent agent will take the time to answer your questions and who can help you find the right combination of price, service and coverages that you need.
Some of these agents have been the business a long time and know solutions to saving your money on your auto insurance.
Drink and Be Married: Selecting the Correct Bar for Your Wedding and Spending plan
The 5 Point Checklist For Selecting Banquet Halls For A Wedding
Plan Your Marriage ceremony Cheaply – What to Do About Invitations For Your Beautifully Priced Wedding day