Oh, we’re getting in the fall spirit: here’s how to plan a pumpkin themed wedding for fall! Find out all about it with over fifty unique handmade wedding finds. Subscribe to the list now so you don’t miss out on future inspiration!
If you are planning a fall wedding (or even early winter), a pumpkin themed wedding may be the right choice for you. There are many ways to style a pumpkin inspired wedding without it looking like a Halloween party — promise! With these beautiful handmade finds, you’ll learn how to plan a pumpkin wedding just in time for the season.
(P.S. If you DO want the Halloween wedding theme, go for it! Here are ideas to get started.)
If you’re thinking…
hmm, okay, pumpkins: what’s the big deal, Emma? Can I really make it a theme? Yes!
You know me well enough by now to know that virtually ANYTHING can be made into a theme, and it can be done with elegance — when done properly.
So, pumpkins. For starters, pumpkins are the sign of the season. As soon as they start bringing out those mini pumpkins at the grocery store, you know the leaves are just about to start changing color. I get inspired for home pumpkin decor even before I start seeing those fun fall doormats popping up everywhere.
Like this. I’m loving it! By HamlinRowShop. You, too?
And even before I break out my fave pair of fall boots! And wayyyyy before your first sip of Pumpkin Spice Latte or you slip on that pumpkin spice engagement ring (yup, it’s a thing!)
As a rule of thumb, planning a pumpkin themed wedding — as with all themes — you needn’t use every single pumpkin-inspired find. Be specific on which pumpkin ideas you like best. Then infuse your decor with rich color and seasonal pampas grass, sunflowers, robust flower arrangements, etc.
So, don’t overdo it: choose a few of your faves and remember, less is more.
Let’s begin with where, when, and how to plan this incredibly fun wedding theme.
For your pumpkin inspired wedding, dream of where you’d like to tie the knot.
Where to plan a pumpkin wedding
Where do you envision tying the knot for the ceremony? Indoors, or outdoors? Are you dreaming of outdoors near a pumpkin patch or perhaps a barn wedding? The time of year you get married will obviously be during the fall months, so keep in mind the outdoor temps. You can plan a beautiful fall wedding with pumpkin decor indoors: in a church or other place of worship, a decked-out banquet hall or ballroom also fits the bill.
Once you decide where you’ll tie the knot, the details and pumpkin-inspired decorations can start to fall into place.
When to plan a pumpkin wedding theme
Ideally, your wedding date for a fall wedding like this will occur in September, October, or even through November.
Do I have to use orange pumpkins?
Nope! Think outside the box: this theme is incredibly versatile. For traditional fall colors, choose orange pumpkin motifs. Planning a later fall wedding or prefer a classic white option? Choose rustic white pumpkins. Go classic and elegant — or fun and modern. Everything you decide is up to you! You can even go with velvet pumpkins in the cooler months.
We’ve hand-picked over fifty pumpkin wedding invitations, favors, decorations, cake toppers, bridesmaid gift ideas, table decor, centerpieces, and more to help you pick items that will create YOUR dream wedding.
Every great wedding begins with — an invitation! Choose a save the date card with a pumpkin theme… and follow-up with coordinating wedding invitations to set the tone and theme early.
1. Send pumpkin themed save the dates
First things first: tell guests there’s a date to set! These wood pumpkin themed wedding save the date magnets are a top-seller. By HouseofFive.
2. Send pumpkin wedding invitations
Stay on theme but choose a classic and elegant invitation. It’s not a pumpkin party, but a wedding: here’s one perfect suggestion.
For more pumpkin invites, check these out!
3. Carry this fall wedding bouquet
It’s a dried fall arrangement that will look exceptional with your decor. By KayyaDecor.
3. Place these centerpieces on tables
I love these. By WoodFlowerDesignsCo.
4. Decorate your wedding with these felt pumpkins
These felt pumpkins are great as wedding decor and/or as take-home party favors! By PetruskaFairyWorld.
And I love these paper pumpkins by RootToVine. So unique!
5. Put this pumpkin topper on your cake
So cute! By MorgantheCreator.
Or this one! Also super cute by SkyeArt.
Love ’em in orange? So do I! Here’s another option by the same shop.
Or this wood pumpkin topper (by ThePinkOwlDesigns) if you prefer this style:
PRO TIP: For more pumpkin cake toppers, we wrote a post dedicated to them here!
6. Serve these pumpkin donuts on your dessert table
And send them home with guests with custom donut favor boxes, like these by HHPaperCo:
And these pumpkin sugar cookies by MarinoldCakes.
7. Set up your wedding tables with terracotta gauze runners
Add a little warmth and texture to your tables with these rich gauze table runners from LovelyHeartThings. If you like, add white pumpkins and large pinecones for seasonal decor.
8. Use this pumpkin wedding card box instead of a regular one
Ahh, I love this charming pumpkin card box! You can get this complete set or buy individual pumpkins from AMBCreationsShop.
9. Greet guests with this welcome sign
10. Serving mini champagne? Add these custom labels to the bottles
Customize these labels with your wedding details. By ThePaperedWedding. Note: get mini champagne bottles in bulk here.
11. Use this pumpkin ring dish instead of a pillow
You can use this sweet ring dish after the wedding as a place to hold small jewelry. By OakKnollCreations.
Love this “Til Death” ring dish option, too! Great for a Halloween theme. By NanaOriginalStudio.
And I’m loving this cute ring dish for another option! By TheLittleEvilEye.
12. Have the ring bearer carry this pumpkin
Or… have the ring bearer carry this adorable pumpkin! How perfect! By ThoseDays.
13. Planning a sparkler exit? Give these matches to guests
These matchboxes also make great favors, with or without sparklers! By ForYourParty.
14. Giving cake slices or pie? Send guests home with these treat boxes
They say, “You are the pumpkin of my pie”. 🙂 By For Your Party.
15. Serve up yummy coffee in these Pumpkin Spice + Everything Nice cups
Great for your wedding coffee bar! By ForYourParty.
16. Use these velvet pumpkins as decorations
Whether at your entry table or as centerpieces, these velvet pumpkins are always a hit! By YourHeartsContent.
17. Place these mini pumpkin place cards at guests’ seats
Cute! By FolmarStreet.
18. Or seat guests with these charming pumpkin wedding place card holders
19. Place these succulent pumpkins on your tables
20. Sip from these champagne flutes
21. Give these leaf and pumpkin favors to guests
Handmade by SouthFloridaSoapCo.
22. Decorate the head table with these personalized pumpkins
23. Use this unique guest book
We love unique guest book alternatives like this one! Get this for your pumpkin themed wedding from AliceWoodenCrafts.
24. Give these pumpkin cups to your guests
I love these personalized stadium cups! They make great take-home favors. By YippeeDaisy.
25. Display this menu for your guests
This pumpkin inspired menu is cute! Plus, it is SUPER affordable. By SmittenPaperProps.
26. Display these pumpkin centerpieces filled with succulents
These faux flower pumpkin centerpieces make a nice addition to this theme! By SucculentArtworks.
Prefer a different style? Try these long rustic-inspired pumpkin centerpieces for weddings by BlossomsnBranches:
Or these sweet arrangements by CreationsByJoyBelle:
27. Use pumpkin signs instead of traditional ones
Show guests where to sign your guest book, place gifts or cards, welcome them to your wedding, etc. with these charming pumpkins! Made for you by ECLetters.
28. Send guests home with these can coolers
29. Get a custom carved faux pumpkin
You can use this for years to come! I love how this looks. By CindysCarvedCreation.
Look how sweet this looks! By the same shop.
30. Decorate with these white pumpkin centerpieces
These provide a very elegant look for your reception tables! By ParkHillProjects.
31. Create table numbers with faux pumpkins
If you’re using the pumpkin centerpieces shown on this list above, use these decals to turn them into table numbers, too! By LaVieEnRosesDesigns.
Or go smaller with these cute hand-lettered ones by 32. Give these fall wedding boutonnieres to groomsmen
33. Give these mini seed packet favors to your guests
Lovely! By PrettyLittleFavorCo.
34. Use this fall garland anywhere you need added texture or color
35. Use these napkins at your tables or bar
36. Top the cake with this pumpkin
This is adorable for a pumpkin themed wedding. By MorganTheCreator.
37. Give s’mores favors
S’mores are always great for wedding favors, but are especially popular for fall weddings! We show you how to make your own s’more favors here — and you can seal them with these pumpkin-inspired wedding stickers by MagnoliaStreetPaper.
38. Display this pumpkin guest book
Prefer a traditional guest book? Guests can sign in on this wood book that is engraved and personalized for your wedding. By Woodlack.
39. Light these pumpkin candles
If you can find floating ones, make floating mason jar centerpieces!
These candles are by AlphatoxGummies.
40. Hang this garland on a wall or around your cake table
This is made from recycled book pages, so it’s also a good fit for a book themed wedding! By ThePathLessTraveled.
41. Display table numbers with these stylish options
I like the way these pumpkin table numbers look! By CottonRidgeEmporium.
Or these by FawcettAvePaperCo:
42. Need a seating chart? Use this!
43. Have guests find their seats with these pumpkins
44. These pumpkin candles make great favors
Who doesn’t love a new candle? It’s the perfect take-home party favor for fall weddings. By AriaBellaCandles.
45. Have everyone sign-in on this pumpkin themed wedding guest book alternative
Love this 3D guest book idea! By Wedding3D.
46. Give these orange pashminas to bridesmaids + guests to stay cozy
47. Customize these pumpkin themed wedding programs
Great for your ceremony! By SmittenPaperProps.
Or these cool hand fan style by StyleWithCharm:
Or these by LovelyWowStudio:
Prefer a chalkboard style? See it in the same shop here.
48. Bridesmaids can wear these pumpkin colored dresses
So stylish + affordable! By RadiantRooster.
49. + 50. Give pumpkin themed wedding gifts to bridesmaids
Here are a few ideas:
– these pumpkin spice coffee travel mugs, personalized by CoffeeTimeDesigns
– this pumpkin spice gift box by LittleFlowerSoapCo
– this pumpkin wish bracelet by CarettaCoastCo
– or this pumpkin bar necklace by WordsByHeartCo.
Wow, that’s a lot of pumpkin-spiration! 🙂 Hope you enjoyed this round up.
How to Plan Pumpkin Themed Wedding
Need help? Just ask! You can email us here if you need any ideas or tips for putting together your pumpkin inspired fall wedding.
To buy anything you see here, just click on a photo or link underneath the image to shop.
Are you planning a pumpkin themed wedding? Tell us about it in the comment box below!
Blooming Branches – Tara Guerard Soiree
Camel Studio: A Cornish Country Wedding Editorial, Evoking The Romantic Classicsy Wedding Editorial that Evokes The Romantic Classics | Love My Dress®
The Best Unique Bridesmaid Gifts